Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hollywood Actress Salma Hayek Quotes - personal details

Hollywood Actress Salma Hayek Quotes

This section contains a good collection of Quotes by Hollywood Actress Salma Hayek.
And I highly recommend for all the women in the world, even if they're 71, you can never take for granted that he loves you. It's always good to flirt with him. It's a great sport. 

At the beginning my career was hard. People were like, 'Who is this Mexican jumping bean?' 

Before you do anything: think. If you do something to try and impress someone, to be loved, accepted or even to get someone's attention, stop and think. So many people are busy trying to create an image, they die in the process. 

Every woman who thinks she is the only victim of violence has to know that there are many more. 

For me, I have to say that I like to work a lot too, but I like not working better. The perfect scenario is when you just worked and you know something's coming up, then you have four, five, six months off. But you know you're going to have a job later. 

For my wrap present, Colin Farrell gave me a first edition book. I got so involved with this character and I was so sad when the movie was over that when I got home and I tried to read the book I got really emotional and I started crying. 

Go for the style that fits your body type the best. Have your own voice in the way you dress. 

How I would describe my characters is absolutely different from how I would describe myself. 

I act tall!" "But look how short I am...I can't even act to be tall. I'm five-two. I can't even create the illusion that I am tall! 

I aim for a lifetime full of movies. 

I became obsessed with all these women who die never feeling they did anything extraordinary with their lives. 

I directed a movie and now, I'm going to do the editing. 

I do have a Mexican accent, but that doesn't mean that I'm a Latin vamp. 

I don't see women and think of them as competition or with judgment. Women really move me. I feel connected to all kinds of women. I am angry because I think we've been mistreated throughout history in different countries, including America. I admire women. 

I have a farm and I love it there. There's really nothing to do, but even watching the chickens, its fun. 

I have a small house so I borrow everything except art, that's what I love. 

I have gotten a lot more attention than...other women that I find incredibly beautiful. And this has happened to me ever since I was a girl, when I was flat, had no teeth, was skinny and small as I could be. I always got more attention than anyone else. If I hadn't, I would have made sure I did. 

I keep waiting to meet a man who has more balls than I do. 

I know the only reason that I haven't gotten many good parts is because I am Latin - and they tell it to my face a lot of times. 

I proved to myself that if I believe in something and set my mind to it I could actually accomplish it. 

I really do love Diana Ross; I grew up listening to her records. I grew up in a little town in Mexico, so while we got the music, we never got the experience of watching her. 

I started having problems with certain beliefs. Like in Africa, where people are dying of AIDS and overpopulation, the Catholic Church is going over to convert them and take away the condoms! And I said, "Wait a minute!" 

I started out in Hollywood at the same time as Jennifer Lopez. Before us, Latinas only had roles that were part of the backdrop, as the maid or the prostitute. We changed that. Of course, you're always looking for those Meryl Streep parts, but I am grateful for the things I did. 

I think it's not a femme fatale when someone is not doing it to manipulate men or be like a black widow. She loves him. She does it out of love. She wants him so badly to stay with her. 

I want to work for a long, long time and keep growing in my work, and if I am very lucky and very blessed, maybe somewhere along the line there will be one movie in there that becomes a classic. 

I'd rather be a little heavier but nice, rather than skinny and bitchy. 

If a man lets all of my dogs sleep in the bed with us, then that is the most romantic thing. You must love my dogs in order to love me. A man who is nice to my animals and doesn't shoo them away...well, that's the height of romance. 

If I go on a diet and work out, I'm always in a bad mood. I'd rather be a little heavier but nice. 

If you give me any problem in America I can trace it down to domestic violence. It is the cradle of most of the problems, economic, psychological, educational. 

I'm a bit of an abstract figure that people can project their fantasies on. It's pretty much what we all are, otherwise we wouldn't be stars and people wouldn't be interested. But people project things on you that have nothing to do with what you really are, or they see a little something and then exaggerate it, and you can't really control that. 

I'm good at working, but I'm very good at playing. 

It sounds trite to go after men who are nice but when you've been hurt a lot it becomes appealing. 

I've stolen a couple of hearts and they are in my private collection! 

Life is tough; and if you have the ability to laugh at it, you have the ability to enjoy it. 

My driving abilities from Mexico have helped me get through Hollywood. 

My heart has been stolen too - but I've gone and got it back every single time! 

My new movie, Fools Rush In, is a romantic comedy and the girl I play in that is very warm, very sweet. 

No woman has to be a victim of physical abuse. Women have to feel like they are not alone. 

People often say that "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder," and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves. 

People say we're all identical, but Jennifer Lopez is an American. She's from New York. She doesn't have an accent. Some of these Latin people - their Spanish is pathetic. They learned it when they became famous as Latinos. 

Producing is hell, writing is frustrating, acting is really satisfying, directing is heaven. 

So you have to keep waiting and then they give you the script and it's terrible. Then you have to go to the rewrite and they're very upset because you didn't like it. I went through that for seven years. 

Some men have a silly theory about beautiful women - that somewhere along the line they'll turn into a monster. That movie gave them a chance to watch it happen. 

There has never been a female director who has won an Oscar. There has only been one woman who won at the Cannes Film Festival. 

There is a subconscious way of taking violence as a way of expression, as a normality, and it has a lot of effects in the youth in the way they absorb education and what they hope to get out of life. 

There's a lot about the character. It doesn't always happen, but there are some characters you really create a relationship with, almost as if they were your friend. And you never get into their heads again or think like them. 

They offered me that film before I did Frida and I said, no, I'm not capable of directing. Then after seeing Julie direct, I was inspired by it. She motivated me to do it, because we don't have role models as woman for directors. 

What is important is to believe in something so strongly that you're never discouraged. 

When I finally decided to leave school and pursue acting, my parents didn't take it very lightly. My friends thought that it was the tackiest thing they'd ever heard of. Acting was really beneath them. They couldn't believe that I would want to become an actress. Not now, of course. 

When I first came to Hollywood I was told to go out with an agent because it was good for my career. So I went to a party with him because it was good for my 'career.' Well, he thought the whole thing was a big date. Needless to say, I was very upset. 

When it is important for you to say something and you find a vehicle to say it, then go for it. It is so rare when that happens so I think every minute spent fighting for it is always worth it. Even if nothing ends up happening, it's still worth the fight. 

You can be a thousand different women. It's your choice which one you want to be. It's about freedom and sovereignty. You celebrate who you are. You say, "This is my kingdom." 

You know how macho boys get when they're all together? Well, the set of Desperado was like that. They were all trying to put me down, saying, 'Bring on the stuntwoman, Salma can't do that.' But I did everything. The scene where Antonio and I jump across two buildings was great. They put cables on us and it really was like flying. I didn't want to stop. I kept saying, 'Can we do it one more time?' I had a blast! 

Explaining how her dog alerted her to a gas leak in her home: 
I had a headache and went to lie down when Diva woke me up grabbing my sleeve in her mouth and trying to pull me out of the house. Then I realised the gas was on! 

On her daughter Valentina: 
She's a little dictator! She is unique, magical - definitely the most colourful person I've ever met. I feel so connected to her, but at the same time, we are completely different. I discover something new about her every day. 

On her singing and dancing Diana Ross imitation in Velocity: 
It was easy! I watched a tape of her and studied what she did. I memorized it really fast and that was it. I really do love Diana Ross. I grew up listening to her records. I grew up in a little town in Mexico, so while we got the music, we never got the experience of watching her. I only knew what she looked like from my mom's albums covers. "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" has got to be one of my favorite songs ever. 

On her six Oscar nominations for her work on Frida: 
Very, very excited. I am very excited that we have six Oscar nominations. I am also excited that other friends of mine are nominated for other movies and for Felipe Fernandez del Paso who is the production designer in the movie. He is a very old friend. Felipe was on the set of Teresa - the TV show I did in Mexico. He would come and visit me and now we are going to the Oscars together! 

On working with Colin Farrell: 
I was a little bit worried about working with Colin. I was like, "I'm going to have to set him straight!" [But he was] never a problem. Always on time, always showed up--but always showed up passionate about the job; passionate about work; eager in the rehearsal. 

Responding to the critics who were saying that she was showing a lot of skin in the movie "After the Sunset": 
We were in the Bahamas! What do you want me to wear, clothes? It was hot in there! (laughs) Are you complaining? 

Revealing she is addicted to breastfeeding: 
I'm like an alcoholic. It is like, I don't care if I cry, I don't care if I am fat, I am just going to do it for one more week, one more month, and then when I see how much good it is doing her and I can't stop. The myth that says you lose all this weight when you breastfeed! That is so not true! It's like, please, will everyone stop telling me I look really well. 

Revealing she might not necessarily marry boyfriend Francois-Henri Pinault: 
I don't have a need for marriage. You want to grow old with someone, you want to have a partner and to have children - we have all those things. Some people need the commitment. Maybe we'll just have the party! 

No comments:

Earn upto Rs. 9,000 pm checking Emails. Join now!